If you believe you are ready for a Gravitas Golden Retriever, this is our process for puppy placement:
- We are a Good Dog Recognized Breeder, this helps you feel more secure that we are legitimately who we say we are!
- Our Puppy Application can be filled out and is the first step towards getting a Gravitas puppy!
- Upon approval of your application, we will send you a sales contract that you will send back signed and with a $500 deposit towards the $5,500 purchase price. Contracts are only sent after Step 1 is approved.
- Receipt of signed contract & deposit will put you on our waitlist for upcoming puppies.
- Once a litter is born that may have your future puppy, we will contact you!
- We do NOT place puppies on a first-come-first-serve basis. Instead we try to match puppies to their new homes based on a number of variables. We will work very closely with you on this, however we take this decision very seriously and believe it is in everyone's best interest!
- Puppies will go home at 8 weeks old.
- Additional training & longer stays with us are available at a discounted board and train rate. We are professional dog trainers & certified behavior consultants... this is our day job so your puppy is in the best hands possible!
What Health Testing do you do?
Do you show your dogs?
Great question! Although all of our foundation dogs come from pedigrees with show champions in them, No, we do not show our dogs or participate in any AKC trials or events. Our full time, day job, is training Service Dogs and consulting on pet dog training and behavior issues. We also have 3 young kids, and try to save our personal time for family fun, our dogs included.
Showing dogs is an admirable thing to do, but it is very time consuming! Also, the priority with showing dogs leans more towards looks than health/temperament. While we try to adhere to the breed standard, our program leans more towards health & temperament, and we think they are all beautiful 😉
If you still are not convinced, please check out the documentary called “Pedigree Dogs Exposed“.
Also please know there are MANY wonderful, ethical breeders who DO show their dogs but still maintain their priorities of health and temperament. We just happen to be a program who will always be more proud of the number of Service Dogs, Therapy Dogs, and great Companion Dogs that are living healthy, happy lives than any Champion Show Dog we may produce.
How much are your puppies?
Our puppies are $5,500 at 8 weeks old regardless of gender. This price is not negotiable.
This price reflects the years of planning, importing dogs, health testing dogs, etc that have gone into building our program where it is. We appreciate your understanding that we are not a puppy mill, and we prioritize quality over quantity.
Included with your puppy is a “swag bag”. Your Puppy Swag Bag will include:
- Health/Vaccination Records
- AKC Reunite Microchip Info
- AKC Registration paperwork
- Bag of Zuke’s Mini Treats
- Adaptil Junior Collar
- Small bag of Purina ProPlan Savor
- Soft tug toy
- Snuggle Puppy
- Treat dispensing toy
- Clix House Line
- 1-2 other chew items
- Free month in “Poop School” House Training Group
- Operation Socialization Puppy Passport
Where are you located?
We are in Visalia, CA.
We are able to deliver puppies anywhere in California at an additional charge of $200.
If you are outside of California, as many of our families are, then we can assist in arranging your puppy to fly to you either in-cabin or cargo at your expense. We have flown puppies both ways (our own puppies included!) and have never had a problem doing it either way.
What are the different stages of puppy/dog development and what should I expect?
This infographic is a great visual of what to expect:
Why Gravitas Goldens?
We love it when prospective buyers ask us a lot of questions! We WANT you to do your research and due diligence. We will be doing the same with you! While the internet these days makes puppies easily available with a “Buy It Now” button or PayPal link… we do not. Our puppies are not for everyone who has the money. They are for those who will provide a good home and hopefully that puppy becomes part of your family.
As for why you should choose us… well, we know of some other wonderful, ethical breeders out there… so we cannot say we are the only good breeder around. However, what we can say is that we know of very few breeders, if any, who started out with the education and hands on experience that we have with such a variety of species! Tigers, rhinos, giraffe… we’ve trained it!
Breeding dogs was not what we planned to do, ever. As we saw the need for good dogs in the Service Dog field and even just good pet homes, the idea started to grow. We are passionate about it, we are ethical about it, and we take this responsibility very seriously. Our training business and non-profit both have 5 star reviews, as does Gravitas Goldens, because of the care we take in the service and puppies we produce.
What we provide with your puppy:
- Written sales agreement
- A puppy whose parents have had all breed standard health testing including: hips, elbows, eyes & cardiac.
- A puppy raised with a dog trainer & behavior consultant, in our home, with our kids and family (2 & 4 legged!)
- Limited AKC registration
- AKC Reunite Microchip
- Puppy will have been seen by a veterinarian and have first set of vaccinations & deworming
- A private webpage for your puppy's litter that helps you prepare but also get all the puppy fixes you need! The page includes: training advice, shopping lists, & updates on the puppies (photos & videos!)
- Everything in this swag bag: